Communicate with Even More Neighbors
We are excited to announce today the beta* release of our Nearby Neighborhoods feature, the easiest way to communicate with neighbors who live in neighborhoods near you. In addition to communicating with your own neighborhood, you will now have the option to use Nextdoor to share information with neighbors from nearby neighborhoods.
Many members have asked to share information with surrounding neighborhoods. Being able to communicate with an even larger community of neighbors can lead to richer and more active conversations.
The Nearby Neighborhoods feature is the best option for:
- Getting great recommendations for local services
- Listing items for sale to a broader audience of neighbors
- Alerting fellow neighbors about suspicious activity in the area
Protecting your privacy remains a top priority for us. You decide when and if you want to post a message with nearby neighborhoods. No one outside your own neighborhood can view any personal information on your member profile. And you always have the option to continue to communicate exclusively with your own neighborhood.
Here are some screenshots that illustrate how you can use the Nearby Neighborhoods feature:
1. Choose the neighborhoods that should receive your post
2. See a map of the neighborhoods that are near you
3. Read messages that members from other neighborhoods have shared with you**
4. Change Nearby Neighborhoods settings if you want to change email notifications. You can get to the settings pages by click on your name in the upper right corner of the page and then clicking on the Settings menu item.
You can find detailed information about the Nearby Neighborhoods feature in our FAQ.
We value your feedback. Please email us at email@example.com with questions and comments. Thanks as always for being part of the Nextdoor community.
VP of Product
* Please note that we have rolled out this feature to a limited number of neighborhoods during our initial beta release. Once we have thoroughly tested Nearby Neighborhoods, we will make the feature available to all Nextdoor neighborhoods.
** We created this conversation for the purpose of illustrating the Nearby Neighborhoods feature.