Tips for a Successful National Night Out Event
National Night Out (NNO) – taking place around the country on August 7* – is a great opportunity to meet your neighbors and get them involved in your Nextdoor website. The more you connect with your neighbors, the safer your community will be year-round.
Here are a few easy ways to get the word out about your NNO event and your Nextdoor neighborhood:
- Create an NNO event on Nextdoor for your neighborhood here.
- Print NNO flyers and hand them out in your neighborhood before the event. Once you’ve created your NNO event on Nextdoor, you can print flyers from your events details page. Flyers contain multi-use invitation codes for easy sign up.
- Set up a table with a sign-in sheet at your event to collect neighbors’ names and email addresses. After the event, send Nextdoor email invitations to your list.
- Pass out Nextdoor invitation flyers at your event; flyers are available here.
- Use the new Nextdoor mobile invitation app to invite neighbors on the spot. To access the mobile app:
- From your smartphone, open your web browser and go to http://nextdoor.com/m/login
- Sign in with your Nextdoor account
- Click Invite
- Enter your neighbor’s email address
- Save this URL on your phone’s home screen so you can easily access it later
Here’s to a successful NNO event and a stronger, safer neighborhood!
Director of Product Management, Nextdoor
*Some communities, including the state of Texas, are sponsoring NNO events on alternate dates. Check the National Night Out site for details.